This week, the Rookie Allotmenteers were nominated for a ‘Liebster Award’, courtesy of the lovely Gardening Vix at http://gardeningvix.wordpress.com. Hurrah ! For those that don’t know what a Liebster award is …
“The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It’s a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.”
So in the spirit of the award, here are our answers for your reading pleasure !
11 Random Facts about the Rookies –
1) Mr & Mrs O have a rabbit called Ted.
2) Mr O can curl his tongue into the shape of a shamrock.
3) Mrs O was born the day Elvis died.
4) Between them, Mr & Mrs O have 4 degrees (and an MA).
5) Mrs O was once a contestant on Bargain Hunt, and lost miserably.
6) Mr O smokes a pipe.
7) Mr & Mrs O honeymooned in Sorrento last year.
8) Mr & Mrs O would like to live by the sea some day.
9) Mr O makes Whirligigs in his spare time.
10) Mr & Mrs O sometimes crave tinned potatoes, but don’t succumb.
11) As a child, Mrs O wanted to be a Writer or a Doctor. She’s now a Blogging Nurse.
11 Rookie Answers –
1) If I ruled the world I would …
Mrs O – Abdicate. I’m the least political person ever.
Mr O – Make Art compulsory in schools.
2) Where is your most favourite place?
Mrs O – On the boat between Guernsey and Herm. I worked in the Channel Islands for a while and this sea crossing memory is my ‘happy place’.
Mr O – On the Goat’s Path in West Cork.
3) My idea of fun is …
Mrs O – Holidaying by the sea.
Mr O – Spending time with my wife !
4) What is the weirdest thing you have ever done?
Mrs O – Tried to time travel to another century, using sheer willpower. It didn’t work.
Mr O – Spent a month tied to another man (as part of a performance for the Edinburgh Fringe).
5) What makes you smile?
Mrs O – My husband, every day. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes not so much !
Mr O – The sea.
6) If you could go back to yourself aged 10 what would you say?
Mrs O – Stop worrying. No really, stop !
Mr O – Don’t worry so much.
7) What’s the most useful thing/product you have ever bought or been given?
Mrs O – My holding cross which was bought for me from Lichfield Cathedral, which is never far away.
Mr O – My Leatherman.
8) What is your best tip?
Mrs O – Never refuse a breath mint.
Mr O – Measure twice, cut once.
9) What’s the best thing about your life right now?
Mrs O – My family, my husband, our allotment !
Mr O – Being with my wife.
10) How do you switch off and relax?
Mrs O – By enjoying nature, practising mindfulness meditation, and drinking whisky. Not necessarily in that order.
Mr O – Allotmenteering and making things.
11) What was the last book you read?
Mrs O – I’m currently reading ‘Mistress of Charlecote – the memoirs of Mary Elizabeth Lucy 1803-1889’ – a fascinating read about a local house.
Mr O – ‘Chas and his Rock and Roll Allotment’ by Chas Hodges (Chas & Dave).
11 Rookie Questions –
1) What’s your favourite cheese ?
2) What one possession would you save in a house fire ?
3) What’s the story behind your name ?
4) Which is better – sunrise or sunset ?
5) Which is your favourite season ?
6) What is your greatest achievement ?
7) Who’s your fantasy dinner party guest (alive or dead) ?
8) If you could be any animal, what would you be ?
9) Who or what is your inspiration ?
10) What’s your favourite flower ?
11) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be ?
And the nominations are …
Going and Growing – http://goingandgrowing.wordpress.com
Allotment Growing – http://allotmentgrowing.wordpress.com
Grahams Allotment Blog – http://grahamsallotment.wordpress.com
Wifi Allotment – http://wifiallotment.wordpress.com
Kitchen Garden Path – http://kitchengardenpath.wordpress.com
Greedy Foodster – http://greedyfoodster.wordpress.com
Downtown Downshift – http://downtowndownshift.wordpress.com
Plot 51 – http://51plot.wordpress.com
Stanley Cottage Garden – http://stanleycottagegarden.com
Sow it, Grow it ! Adventures on Plot 10b – http://plot10b.wordpress.com
Not Just Green Fingers – http://notjustgreenfingers.wordpress.com
Congratulations & enjoy ! 🙂
Footnote – We tried to nominate bloggers with less than 300 follows (as per numbers in the ‘Reader’) but the figures seem very different when looking at individual sites readers stats. Whoops – not cheating, it was an honest mistake ! 🙂